Life's Elemental Journey















I was not born to ascend to the heights of heaven
I was born an earth child
a child of soil and clay
I did not know how to fly
or that it was even possible
My wings were eternally clipped and
my feet bound to the rocks

I was not born to swim in the depths of the seas
I was born close to the ground
born down in the mud and dirt
my feet would carry me just so far
they ached to inch past the edge of the shore
and tiptoe into the murky waters beyond
but I was not allowed
for I was a child of dry land

I was not born to shine with great light
I was born in the dark cool meadows of the west
I was not born to blaze any trail or light any way
I was not a starlit compass or raging fire
I was soft and mild like the blades of grass underfoot
with a voice so gentle that you would barely care to notice

I was born to withstand any trial
I was made to stand as a foundation
I was created to carry your feet along life's journey
I was formed to nourish and feed
I am your helper
I am your comforter
I am your friend

Rebecca Truman
February 14, 2010

Comments

  1. the important part is that you were born ;o) - turn around is fair play - I visited (everytime you post to fb) your site so please visit mines. http://Beholdtruth.yolasite.com

    If I can find the blog roll widget I will add your blog to mines

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. True Connie, thanks for commenting and visiting my site. This piece was more me embracing who I am. I'm not a show stopper and I'm okay with that. I'm solid and grounded...I'm proud of that. Not everyone was meant to be the star...some of us were meant to be the night sky allowing the stars to shine. ;) BTW - I have no idea what a blog roll widget is...but I did visit your site. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts