Heather Morning













There are those heathery mornings when all is still and quiet
When you are gone and I am here left alone with my thoughts
The world seems so distant and far away from the present
and so I sit with myself and think of you, think of me, think of us
I cling to the memories and am consumed from within by them
I walk out into the fresh morning and look out over the water
and remember you standing here beside me in this very place
I turn my head, half expecting you to appear, but you are far away
There is no sadness, just a hint of melancholy with loving edges of hope
I would be content if I knew you would come back for good,
but I know this will not happen
You will come and go like the north wind breezing in and out of our life together
When you arrive you settle into your peace and quiet
I am left an observer, no different from before with the exception of you presence
When you come, you almost seem real, but there is a distance that exists
It is greater than any physical distance because it exists from within

Rebecca Truman

Comments

Popular Posts