Splitting Off to Crazy















There were times, I felt like I was splitting off to crazy
I could feel my mind threatening to shatter
at the very cruelty of your words
they struck at my core
pushing me to the edge of destruction
but I held on
by the grace of God
I held on
Your words stabbed and jabbed at my very soul
I was left battered and bruised
on the inside
Easier to hide when it's on the inside
not a scratch on the skin
but my heart was left bleeding
My life dained from me with each cutting word
Your tongue is like a dagger
cutting away at the rays of love that manage to peek through the cracks
Your harshness truly offends my nature
I wince every time you walk into a room
I cringe at your very essence
You send me to places I have to crawl back from
on hands and knees
I locked the door and threw away the key
to any possibility of every trusting you
because I know what you are capable of.


Rebecca Truman
March 28-April 28, 2010

Comments

Popular Posts